Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sweaty Lower Back

For every surgery you undergo, do expect some side effects and problems. Same goes to the ETS.

Compensatory sweating, as they will tell you, post ETS will vary from person to person. Some have it a lot, some others minimal. As for me, 1 week post ETS, the compensatory sweat is starting to come - but I won't say it is "haunting" me (yet? too early to tell?).

I notice more sweat over the lower back (lumbar) area and also the back of the knees (popliteal areas). Skipped areas, yes. Surprisingly the buttocks (gluteus maximus and the anus) are spared! Thank God! ;)
Soles do sweat a bit, but I must say it is tolerable. In fact I used to sweat more in the soles prior to this.
I realize that the sweat will come more if the surrounding gets hot. Either when my blanket is too thick trapping the heat, or sitting too long on a leather chair/sofa with minimal heat loss. Then the sweat tends to come a bit more.

But like what Dr Khoo told me before, the compensatory sweat is something still tolerable by most of the ETS patients, and nothing beats the excellent feel of having back our dry palms! As what Dr Khoo used to joke with me,"You don't shake people's hands with your legs or buttocks."

No comments:

Post a Comment