Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Moisturizer & Hand Washing

Before the ETS, my palms sweat like mad, and I used to joke that I didn't need any moisturizer on them. True enough. Most of the time, my palms were wet, and in fact I was trying all the time to dry them, so that I could do things which I liked. But most of the time, my palms failed me badly. They just wouldn't listen to their "master"'s command. The more I commanded them to dry up, the more the palms acted in the reverse. More sweat.

Nowadays, I do not wash my hands so regularly anymore. I used to wash them very often because the sweat just made my hands feel sticky. Until the extent that most people thought I had the obsession and compulsion of hand washing. Psychiatric referral? ;) But I knew very well that I just wanted to get my palms back to their normal condition after each wash - just like "rebooting" my palms to the state of "fresh, dry and clean".

With both my palms dry now, at times they could be a little too dry (relative to the past), and warrant some application of moisturizer on them. This I think is good, because moisturizing the palms, and also in fact the whole body is proven to be protective and healthy for the skin. With such habit of frequent application of moisturizer, I also opt for the UV protection cream, which in fact gives me additional UV protection when I am out in the sun. So, it's good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment