Thursday, June 30, 2011

Power steering

Other than not able to use the camera with dials or slide down cover, I was also unable to drive cars which do not come with power steering. But luckily most cars nowadays come equipped with power steering feature.

I still recall how embarrased it was years ago, when my friend asked me to help her reverse park into a narrow parking lot. She was driving one of the smallest national cars - Kancil. But for your information, the Kancil did not come with power steering function. So although the car is light and tiny, i had a tough time manouvering the steering wheel. All because of my sweaty palms. There was no proper grip at all. And you could already predict the outcome - neither I could reverse park that car.

I have always installed the steering wheel grip in all the cars I drive. Even though they do come with power steering function, I just want to make sure that I always have proper grip to the wheel to prevent any untoward event.

Today, I do not need worry on that anymore. I have recently tried driving a Kancil without the power steering function. And you would also probably have guessed the outcome - I am now able to reverse park because my palms are dry and the grips are perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment