Monday, June 20, 2011

ETS and Eye Laser Surgery

Many people have asked me why didn't I opt for Robinul (Glycopyrrolate), Drysol, iontophoresis, botox injections, propanolol tablets etc, and instead went straight ahead with the ETS surgery which is theoretically non-reversible.

Well, my answer for that is simple. It's just like how a myopic person who opts for the refractrive laser eye surgery. Is it necessary? Well, not. Is it not better to continue putting on a pair of glasses or contact lenses? Well, yes. But the bottom line is - that person who has opted for the eye laser surgery must have weighed all the pros and cons over the years, and have probably waited long enough for this kind of surgical technique to be more matured and reliable.

Same for ETS, I believe I could have opted for those mentioned above, but then again, those are not without side effects too. Take for example, Robinul, will not only dry up the palms, armpits and soles, but also dry up your mouth, eyes and giving you the irritating sensation systemically. Why? Because such drugs do not just act locally or in a targeted fashion, but actually involve the whole body.

ETS is a more permanent solution, just like the laser eye surgery. Whether in the next 20 years a better solution for sweaty palms or myopic eyes will be available, I don't know. I live in this 21st century, and all I can say is that I can only hope for the best at this point of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment