Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Basketball

When I was younger, I loved to play basketball. It was the "in" thing during my high school time. Every boy played basketball and wanted to be Michael Jordan. Everyone tried to leap into thin air, and wanted to slam dunk! How cool it was.

But heck, my palms were sweaty. Ball was always easily tackled and snatched by opposite team members, because there was no grip at all, even though I tried to hold on tight to the ball. It was so slippery, and sometimes even when I was trying to pass on the ball, it slipped off and went out of court! Team mates finally realised they didn't really prefer to pass the ball to me if possible, because most of the time when they threw the ball at me, I tried to grab it but the ball would slip out and went into the opponents' hands! So I was the culprit for losing the game most of the time! How depressing it was, at those "ego years" (especially when female classmates were watching us playing the game!)

Today, although I don't play basketball anymore, the sad story remains clearly in my head. Now, I am teaching my kids to play basketball, and I can finally hold on to the ball tightly now!

No comments:

Post a Comment