Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ophthalmoscope

I was never able to use the ophthalmoscope properly during those wet hand days. It's all because of the dials both in front and side of the scope. With wet fingers, the grip was never there, and adjusting the dial up and down to get the best vision while busy looking into patient's eye, was actually more of a nightmare than a enjoyable moment.

I really wish there was a digital ophthalmoscope around, but so far I have not seen one.

The otoscope, on the other hand, has got no dial. And therefore I had no problem using it even though the hands and fingers were wet.

But today, using the scope is a breeze. Good grip, index finger turning the dial whenever I want, and even my the other hand touching the patients' foreheads does not return that weird look from them anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment